We got more snow yesterday. it seems as soon as it melts enough to see the grass we get another 6 or 7 inches to make up for it. This time I think it will melt faster though because its already melting. Yesterday at Mass the children making their first Communion helped their Mom bake bread to be handed out to people of their choice in the pews..... A very nice boy looked at me from the front and came all around to hand me a beautiful loaf of Pumpkin bread.... then after they wanted to take a picture of My husband and I and their 2 boys. and then they talked to us for a bit. What a nice young man he was and the bread is very good too.
My grandson went fishing and his girlfriend sent me this picture....... and guess what he did next.... he had his hands full so he told her to reach in his pocket to get the tape measure and she pulled out a box and he proposed to her and in the box was the engagement ring..... she said they are getting married next summer.
Not much else to say... my favorite race car driver came in second again ..... didn't win so far this year but he is in first place anyway.
So thats it.... have a nice day everyone and hope the sun is shinning nice for everyone like it is for us
Sandra
Kurt Bush ! Wahooooooo!
ReplyDeleteHi Sandra ,I lost touch with you but have found you again,I do hope your snow soon goes away ,how lovely to be presented with the home made bread ,and have your picture taken ,what a novel way your Grandson chose to propose..lovely a wedding to look forward too ...Jan xx
ReplyDeleteEngagements are so funny. That's cute. Did you hear about the couple in New Mexico? He took her to Wendy's and bought her a chocolate shake and he put her ring into the shake. Yup. She drank it all. Never even felt the ring come in or go down. They got asked to be on the Today Show and the whole thing. That'll be remembered.
ReplyDeleteTwo very nice things came your way for sure. Hopefully that snow will melt quickly for you. We only got heavy rain and I am thankful for that. I do hope we don't get anymore snow but the long range forecast is calling for some next week. Usually St.Patrick's Day brings some our way. Now you have a wedding to look forward to.
ReplyDeleteHope your week is a great one! 'On Ya'-ma
That was nice that the boy presented you with the bread loaf. Big crappie your grandson has. What a neat way to propose to his love. Helen
ReplyDeleteOh I hope we don't get anymore snow Sandra.It's been cold here and raining with gale force winds all weekend.Brrrr.What a whopper of a fish that is he caught love the picture and a novel way to propose.Congratulations to your Dear Grandson and lady friend.Whoo-Hoo a lovely wedding to look forward to.How kind of the young man to give you the loaf.Mmmmm it sounds good.Sorry your driver came second.Never mind better luck next time.Have a lovely week.Take Care God Bless Kath xx
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun way to get engaged. I'll bet you're happy for them. We had a little snow here too but not enough to stick.
ReplyDeleteSeems like the winter is NEVER going to end doesn't it?
ReplyDeleteKay
Hey I'll bet the fish was delicious! Of course they weren't thinking about the fish after the box came out of the pocket.
ReplyDeleteAIN'T love grand! What a wonderful time in their life. Great story!
The snow does stop up there, doesn't it?
Jack
Congratulations to your grandson and his fiancee! bet she doesn't forget how he popped the question! lol Huge fish, Danny would have loved catching that one!
ReplyDeleteYou have snow and we here in Georgia are dealing with 80 + temps here!
Take care and God bless.
love ya,
carlene
CONGRATS!!!
ReplyDeleteThat is one original proposal idea. Ingenious!
Have a great week ahead too.
Odd and sweet, she fish out the ring while he held the fish. I like it.
ReplyDeleteDB
what a lovely romantic way to propose ~ I hope they will be very very happy together ~ Ally x
ReplyDelete