Friday, November 21, 2008

Cleaners

I haven't gone to the cleaners for awhile and when I went it was closed so we went to a new one.... I took 2 nice wool sweaters there and the price was $18 and that was with $2.20 off... I still can't believe it.... Is that normal now and if it is no wonder the other cleaner is closed, no one goes to the dry cleaner anymore unless very necessary.... the sweaters look like new and they were expensive --- I think I will be careful not to get them dirty for a long time.... Maybe just look at them from time to time LOL
Not much else new here I guess.... I started taking the halloween things down and putting away today.... the ones in the house , the outside ones we put away the day after. Leo has the lights on our evergreens and they look so pretty but we won't light them until after Thanksgiving...Thats when I will start to decorate the house.... the older I get the longer it takes so I have to start early....
Yesterday I made sweet potatoes in the oven and they were so delicious. I don't think I will put them in the microwave anymore.... I put a little butter and brown sugar on them for the first time and yummy they were so good. Leo liked his too so I will be getting more. They are supposed to be so good for you. Another thing about me getting older I like food that is good for me more now then ever..... I even like cottage chees now and I never did, Of coarse I like it with applesauce but that is supposed to be good too , right?
Im almost finished reading my book now, it is so interesting, I can't wait until I get his next one
Goodnight and hope you are having a great weekend
Sandra

7 comments:

  1. micro wave is good but you got to rub olive oil on it, then the skin peels easy with a fork

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder how long you cook those in the oven, sounds so good. I've been making baked potatoes, have a hunger for them lately. I put a little butter and salt and a little lite sour cream on them. Looking forward to seeing your Christmas decorated house pictures. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cook sweet potatoes in the microwave all the time and the skin just slips off. Delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm I love sweet potatoes too. I haven't been to the cleaners in years. I just mentioned a week or so ago how I bet dry cleaners are really hurting in this economy. Seems like a luxury most of us can't afford. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It seems we only have sweet potatoes at Thanksgiving or Christmas, but I do love them and should have them more often. I found some Sweet Potato french fries in the freezer section and got them. You're suppose to bake them on a cookie sheet in the oven, but I've not had them yet. For years I've stayed away from anything that needs dry cleaned. If a sweeter has wool in it I hand wash in woolight and hang it up to dry then press it. It seems they never look like new again though. 'OnYa'-ma

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think anything that tastes so good is good for you.
    You can hide the turnip,
    Throw the squash away.
    I'll take the sweet potato
    Any time of day.

    DB

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh that is so expensive at the cleaners, I am afraid I tend to machine wash mine but dont put them in the dryer , and so far so good !!,I love the sound of those sweet potatoes I will be trying that myself ,..love Jan zxx

    ReplyDelete