Saturday, November 29, 2008

Almost December

Thanksgiving is finished again and now onward to Christmas....... What a happy time of the year. I am playing my Christmas music box .... it is nice to finally not be considered strange to listen to Christmas music isn't it? I uploaded the Christmas cd from Oprah my sister Janice told me about .... its a good one and free for 48 hours she said.... I suppose the time is up now.... anyway its a nice one.
Leo has been going shopping the last couple of days.... I told him I had enough of that kind of shopping but I will see what it is like tomorrow. I like people in the stores but not like on black friday..... that poor woman that got killed at Wal mart in the mad crush...... shame on them all.
Anyway I'm listening to Christmas music and enjoying the season.... Thinking about what Charity I want to give too and not just letting the telephone callers dictate to me what to give too. I chose the St Jude hospital and we will be taking cards off the giving tree also.... A time of giving and it feels so good!
Hope you are having a wonderful day
Sandra

8 comments:

  1. It's begaining to look a lot like christmas every where I go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am happy to hear that you are enjoying the holidays!
    they started playing the christmas music here the day after halloween , on the radio. and I have been listening to even if the kids groan . lol take care hun, jun

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sandra,

    Imran here from P.A.L. I like the header photo of you blog. A home tucked away in a scenic location... most probably away from the madding crowd. You are blessed.

    Hope you don't mind me linking your site to my blog for easy access to come back again.

    Yes, it was shocking to see the news about Christmas shopping gone wrong... fatal in fact. The true meaning has gone lost to be just material consumerism. The wrong meaning gets past down to the children, unfortunately.

    Hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I HAVE VERY LITTLE MONEY TO SPARE, BUT I ALWAYS SCRAPE UP SOME TO SEND TO ST. JUDE....MY HEART ACHES FOR THOSE CHILDREN AND THEIR PARENTS HAVING TO SUFFER THROUGH CANCER. THAT WAS SUCH A CRUEL THING TO HAVE HAPPENED AT WAL-MART...JUST MAKES NO SENSE...NOTHING SOLD IS WORTH TAKING THE LIFE OF A FELLOW HUMAN BEING...
    LOVE YA,
    CARLENE

    ReplyDelete
  5. My BFF from high school lives in West Bend....small world......I'm an on-line shopper ...can't stand the crowds!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi...it was disheartening to read about the shoppers in NY and other places that just went wild..my goodness...nothing is worth another persons welfare...my daughter and I went out on Friday..was up and gone by five in the morning..stayed all day at the same mall...it was nice..the people were smiling and laughing with one another ... even in the food court...if seats were available...come join us..we won't eat your food if you won't take ours LOL..we found many bargains..and finished out our shopping...now we can just "cruise" and enjoy watching folks and their shopping antics!!! glad you are enjoying the christmas music...for me...there is never enough being played LOL...God Bless...hugs from Ora in KY

    ReplyDelete