Monday, January 5, 2009

TAKING THE TREE DOWN


Is it just me or does it seem to you too that we just put the tree up. I started putting the decorations away and now have to find a spot for the new things we got.... What a chore huh, LOL

Our weather here is just plain nasty = we didn't go to Church Sunday because the driveway was all ice.... ya, it rained and then turned to ice Sat night and is still icy today. We didn't have any salt for the driveway stored in the garage, but it would probably have been the same in the Church parking lot so we chose to stay put. Heard on the news there were a lot of people falling in parking lots and breaking wrists because they tried to break the fall..... better to be safe than sorry I say. I sure hope its the last Sunday something like that happens because I like to go to Mass every Sunday.
I want to get to the store so I can make a nice big pot of soup.... its so good at this time of year and besides its good for the diet...... better than buying soup with all that salt added. So in the meantime I suppose I will be knawing on that Christmas ham and eating cereal and peanut butter sandwiches..... blah.
As you can see with the picture above Im already thinking of summer... not the work but the warm weather and beautiful flowers......but in the meantime I will be looking at the seed catalogs that are already coming in the mail and dreaming.
Hope you are having a wonderful day,
Sandra

17 comments:

  1. I think I have one slide show set to where I see some of last years flowers slide by. I have one african violet with BLOOMS. I sure am babying it. I think with Ora that makes 3 of us that is ready to see flowers. Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you are having to endure such icy weather. Hannah took down our tree for me today....what a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are smart to stay in. We had rain, but no ice. All our snow is gone and now we're to get the next round come Wednesday...rain and below freezing temps changing to snow. I don't remember having so much rain in December now into January before. I'm dreaming of Spring for sure! 'On Ya'-ma

    ReplyDelete
  4. My BFF from high school lives up your way and keeps me posted on the weather.....it has been nasty!!! Be safe........we get snow and ice on Thursday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our cold spell is gone and now it's raining off and on and much warmer. I hate the ice. I wouldn't drive in it either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WE don't see ice down here, but I remember how dangerous it is. Better safe you are right. The soup sounds good! WE are lucky, it took all of ten minutes to clear off the dash of the motorhome, ans stash the stuff in the compartment under the bed ans over the diesel engine.
    Jack

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't blame you for stopping in Sandra one minute.I am up with the larks this morning cannot even get warm in my bed.Here in my part of England it is minus 8 this morning Brrrr.Roll on spring I say and summer too.Not aloud to send seeds apparently to USA or I would send you lots.Sorry about that.Enjoy whatever it will soon pass and yes it is hard work in the garden but well worth it.What a lovely picture that is in your last posting.I am all back to normal Christmas things packed away once more.Take Care God Bless Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am looking forward to the seed catalogs as well. We took our little kitchen tree down this weekend and this week we will take down the other two. Yes it does seem like we put them up yesterday. We had a lot of ice here in Kentucky a few weeks ago... glad you stayed home and safe. Yes we had a Christmas ham too and it was so good. Happy New Year Sandra!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are right. Better safe than sorry. Stay inside, warm and cozy. Your weather is really ugly. We've just had a lot of rain and fog and unseasonably warm. Go figure. :-)

    deb

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cold and icey here too Sandra never mind it will soon be Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sandra, thank you for your comment on my Journal and I do follow that advice. I love him and regardlerss he is my flesh aND BLOOD. I will never give up hope. Thanks, Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Summer? Did you say Summer? My favorite time of year, but we are not hardly finished with winter and let's not skip Spring. LOL.
    Hugs, Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree, Christmas seemed to come and go in the twinkling of an eye. Not that I was sorry to see it go but it did seem a very short time between putting the decs up and taking them down.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is a beautiful picture to remind us all that summer will come again! So you're a Ruby, eh? Oh yes, now you have to play Ruby Tuesday... :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi..it is cold here in Kentucky...some dusting of snow yesterday...no big time ice yet..and yes soup is the best meal on colc cold days..can put it in a cup and drink while reading a good book...in my comfy chair by the window...with my quilt over my lap...I am blessed LOLOL...none of us need any broken bones or bruises just now...God Bless...hugs..Ora

    ReplyDelete