Friday, October 24, 2008

Rainy Day

Its a nice rainy day today..... don't feel guilty about the yard work so we went to Krolls for lunch and then shopping. I needed some mock neck shirts to go under other shirts for winter and winter is coming. They didn't have exactly what I wanted and went to 2 stores.... why this year I wonder when they have had them every year for the past 10 or more.... Anyway I got 3 of what they had so that is good anyway. I also got my hair trimed .... was going to get it cut shorter but at the last minute I changed my mind and just got a trim. Better than being sorry isn't it
I just finished reading "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Pie Society" I enjoyed it. Its just a small book about a group of people in 1946.... it tells how they endured the ocupation of the Germans for 5 years and then after what happened.... It was all letters and the story was very interesting.... wish I could know more.... It was just a short book with 274 pages. Now I'm going to start reading All the Way Home by David Giffels I believe its a true story .... one like Marley and me but instead of a dog its a man rebuilding a house with his little son.... will let you know. :)
So now I will read the blogs and turn on tv maybe for the first time today and its already 3:45 must be something else going on in this crazy mixed up world of ours,
Sandra

12 comments:

  1. i went shopping this week too, check my blog.
    hope you have a nice wkend.
    huggies...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the kind of shirts you are talking about and I've not seen any. It seems styles are changing. Glad you found something that will work. It just started raining on my way home from work this evening. It was dark and windy all day though.
    'On Ya'-ma

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can get those mock turtleneck shirts at LandsEnd.com. They have very nice clothing and it washes beautifully too. Glad you found something to use though. Enjoy your rain....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, we had a rainy day all day yesterday. It would have been a good "read a book" day but I was at work. :-(

    deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is bad when you like a piece of clothing and you just cann't get it any more. Raining here too and has been since Wednesday evening now Saturday afternoon. Lobe Joan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you got away for a while. That cat is one relaxed cat.I noticed Ma said styles are changing. Glad it is not just me. Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  7. both of those books sound interesting Sandra, I'll have to check them out

    I like rainy days to get some things done inside the house or to go shopping like you did; glad you got what you were needing

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Saturday (a.m.) here and all is well on the southern front. Is that cabin yours or did you take the picture? You may have told me but lately I have a tendency to forget. I also have a tendency to forget.

    Tell Chas that Possum (S.H.) says hi!

    Jimmy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sandra,

    I see that you read Marley and Me and I wondered if you had read Merle`s Door by Ted Kerasote. It`s a true story of a man and his adopted dog and it`s a very special story. I bought when I was in Canada ans its the best book I`ve read for years. If you haven`t read it, do give it a try.

    Love Sandra xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sandra thanks for stopping by today on a very bad day!! My hubby saw our doctor tonight at church and she said that both of those injections should not have been put in the same arm..I thought so. I believe it is the pneumonia one that is causing me so many problems. I am some better...but my left should feels like it weighs tons..it is so swollen, hard and hot!! it is very painfull VERY!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's been a rainy blustery day here today in my neck of the woods in England Sandra.Brrrrrrr.Kitty sure looks comfy lol!Looks a lot like i'm gonna be this winter I think hee.Have a lovely week ahead.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

    ReplyDelete